As a trainee Fibre Blowing Technician working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. Within your role as a Fibre Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of the Fibre build including splicing and testing (but not limited to) on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work, overhead and underground networks.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by possessing the following:
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products including fibre prep and splice.
- Working at heights and in the underground network.
- Working to client and company Quality, Safety & Health processes and procedures.
- Building good relationships with a team of third-party fibre engineers in your assigned area.
- Supervising, assessing and auditing the quality and progress of their work to ensure that installations are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Organised, professional, and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel between our contract sites.
You will need:
- NRSWA Street works Ticket
- A full Driving Licence.
- Telecoms experience preferred