We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join Oakway in partnership with CityFibre, Oakway Limited are now in the position due to continual growth to recruit a full time Civil & Fibre Trainer to help manage and develop existing systems within our Compliance Team. The emphasis will be on building strong and reliable field teams for the continued future CityFibre build programmes. You will be reporting and working alongside the senior team with emphasis on building strong systems and relations with all management teams and operatives currently building the networks for our current clientele.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Helping to ensure that systems, standards, and methods of work remain compliant with relevant legislation
- Training of employees to the correct operation requirements for civil and fibre construction.
- Build and deliver the required training programmes for CityFibre deployment.
- Provide motoring and a buddying programme for any trainers.
- Focus on a new to industry plan to introduce now candidates to the telecoms industry.
- Being 100% focused on assisting the operational team in putting our men to work safely
- Communication with site and office-based staff via bulletins, newsletters etc.
- Work with the H&S Manager and Operations Director with budgets for key elements such as Training and PPE
- Work with the H&S Manager to maintain and develop relevant accreditation's and maintain a schedule for retraining.
- Contribute to effective and pro-active risk management across the company
- Ensure full compliance with reporting requirements on site
- Provide a communication link between site, through all levels up to the H&S Manager and board of directors on matters relating to Safety, Health, the Environment and Quality
- Adhere to KPI's regarding regular site audits and reporting, using the iAuditor reporting platform
- NEBOSH gen' cert' Or NEBOSH Construction cert' or for the right candidate who has an IOSH qualification with the attitude to progress with our support.
- Relevant utilities and civils experience (ideally with exposure to utilities, highways, civils and fibre infrastructure)
- Competent I.T. user familiar with the Microsoft office suite of products
- Has experience as a trainer and holds relevant qualifications.
- Level 3 award in education and training, with experience of delivering in house training
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Experience of reporting to management
- A motivated individual able to respond to unexpected situations with a professional and considered approach, with a can-do attitude
- Experience of drafting and reviewing RAMS
- Experience of investigating and reporting on accidents & incidents would be an advantage
- NRSWA qualification, with a strong understanding of current legislation desirable, can facilitate for the right candidate.
- First aid at work qualification desirable, can facilitate for the right candidate.
- Driving license essential
Package offered subject to experience:
- 28 Days annual holiday including bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension savings scheme as per statutory requirements
- Training and development
Oakway Ltd are a family-owned business operating in the Plymouth and Launceston area, offering both skilled and new to industry individuals the chance to join a company who truly value their employees. Not only do they offer competitive salaries with a variety of great company benefits, but they invest and support the development of all their employees meaning they offer careers not just jobs. Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.