Job Title: Technical Administrator
Department: City Fibre
Reporting To: Technical/Operations Manager
Hours of Work: 45 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Technical Administrators to join our team in Nottingham. You will support both internal and external customer's, ensuring all administrative duties relating to Technical Projects are delivered in an accurate and timely manner. This is a great time to join us at McCann's, as our business continues to grow from strength to strength.
Required Critical Behaviours
- Previous experience of working within a busy administrative role
- A good level of education (A-Level Standard)
- Strong IT skills, including all Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask
- Great organisational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and administer third party portals (DepotNET)
- Coordinate all aspects of the PIA administration and developing processes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Finance team for billing and forecasts
- Monitoring and analysis of reports
- Log supply chain personnel and associated accreditations
- Check and verify As Built information with supporting evidence
- Complaint handling, passing on to the correct department when necessary
McCann Ltd is a leading civil and electrical engineering construction company that operates throughout the UK on major road, rail, and airport infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients.
We provide our clients with integrated infrastructure solutions that meet business needs and exceed expectations each and every time.
Since our formation, some forty years ago we have developed a wide range of specialist contracting services to support the successful delivery of major infrastructure projects throughout the UK. As a leading supplier and installer of street lighting, traffic signs, signals, communication systems and associated civil engineering we can also play a key role in the development of project design and buildability whilst working comfortably within a wide range of contractual arrangements.
With a large, highly skilled, directly employed workforce, supported by an extensive specialised plant fleet we are able to take on and deliver the most demanding of projects to programme and budget.
Furthermore, as a business, employer, and member of the wider community, we fully recognise our social responsibility, always striving to build a safe, sustainable entity which is environmentally responsible.
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success, so if you are committed, talented and enthusiastic, McCann's is the right place for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Discount gym membership
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
J McCann is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or parental leave, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
In line with our Social Value commitment, we will guarantee an interview to any member of groups experiencing disadvantage, including long term unemployment, ex-offenders and those not in education, employment or training that meets the essential competencies set out in the job description and person specification.
As an employee, you have the right to:
- A workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, or bullying
- Inclusive practices and behaviour in the workplace
- Equal access to benefits and conditions
- Fair allocation of workloads
- Competitive merit-based selection processes for recruitment and promotion
- Accessible processes to deal with work-related complaints and grievances
HEALTH & SAFETY
Every employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of other in the workplace and has a duty to report any issues or perceived risks to their line manager in the first instance or the Health and Safety department.