Streetworks Permitting Officer
Circa £30,000 per annum
My client, Telelink, part of the CityFibre contract; are looking for forward thinking, enthusiastic individuals to join their team in Southend-on-Sea.
As our Streetworks Coordinator, you will be promoting a positive image for the company by being responsible for the co-ordination of the notices required by the operations team and by being a point of contact to deal with queries from the local authorities and the operations team.
- Notice and permit all cabling, civil excavation and reinstatement works carried out on the public highway, and to be able to generate regular reports.
- Submit accurate permits using illustrations, maps with permit conditions attached using the job information, position, and dimensions of all work activities on the public highway
- To contact other works promoters and to arrange joint working where necessary to minimise disruption, costs and expedite works.
- Work closely with local authorities, you will be responsible for opening and closing permits using streetworks systems whilst ensuring that all aspects of the TMA (Traffic Management Act) are met
- Respond to Highways comments, PMR and manage active permits to prevent any Fixed Penalty Notices and Overrun charges.
What we are looking for in you
- Have a wide experience of Utility Streetworks Coordination
- Symology Insight Training for Street Works Register Utility Training and/or Street Works Register
- Ability to undertake NRSWA financial duties (i.e. gathering supporting document for Fixed Penalty Notices, Permit fees, Overrun Charges and inspection charges)
- Technical knowledge of relevant legislation especially New Roads & Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Signs Regulations, Road Traffic Act, H&S At Work Act, Traffic Management Act 2014 and the application of the legislation when making decisions about works proceeding on the highway
What we can give you
- Flexible working where possible.
- 23 days Holiday
- Hotel + Up to £25/night for overnight business trip food allowance
- Access to Pool vehicle for business trips, expense mileage or company vehicle depending on the role
- Death in service 4 x Annual salary
- Benefit hub and Cash Plan scheme
- Pension Plan - (Employee) Contribution 5%, (Employer) Contribution 3%
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.