Skilled Fibre Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + DOE
Hours of work: 40 hours/per week
Working for a local Build Partner, you will help City Fibre achieve its mission of deploying full fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the fibre future.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carrying out risk assessments prior to work
- Installing, splicing and securing fibre distribution points either above/underground or mounted on telegraph poles
- Interpreting job packs and fibre allocation tables
- Installing splice splitters in broadband cabinets using automatic fusion splicer
- Photographing completed fibre distribution points both inside the closure and externally, showing position on the chamber or pole
- Working safely using gate guards and signage as appropriate
- Carrying out acceptance testing using OTDR, light source and power meter
You will need
- Proven track record of fibre optic splicing and site experience
- Conversant with principles and standards for Passive Optical Networks
- NSRWA Unit 2 signage, guarding and lighting
- SA001 and SA002
- CF PIA General
- CF PIA Full Fibre
You might also need
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid
- Ladder inspection training
- Manual handling
- CDM awareness
With a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer the chance to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects and a fast-paced environment where every day brings a new challenge. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
- 20 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Discount gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.