As a SHEQ Manager working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. You will be in charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business, supervising and coordinating work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Developing and maintaining sites SHEQ management programmes and systems in written format.
- Recording through face-to-face contact, communication and team briefing.
- Supporting line management in delivering site SHEQ objectives.
- Determining the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of Sites SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Advising line management and assisting with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors' sites.
- Completing prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- Investigating accidents and ensuring all documentation is updated.
- Developing a SHEQ Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, including written information, toolbox talks and management briefs.
- Completing duties of CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007.
- Taking full responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance.
- Liaising with HR.
- Assisting in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
You will need:
Essential skills & Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation, Company standards and programme requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
- General NEBOSH.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced experience of Excel Sheets.
- Excellent report writing skills and documents' management.
- Risk Management experience.
- Method Statement Review experience.
- Site inspections and investigations experience.
- Company preparation for Audits experience.
- Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards experience.
- Risk Assessment experience.
- CDM Regulations implementation experience.
Desirable skills & Qualifications
- NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!