One of our biggest Build Partners OCU is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their fibre team based out of our new Wigan depot. It would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor who wants to advance in this fast-paced industry with a Tier 1 contractor.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Maintaining the commercial interests of OCU at all times and throughout all activities.
- Overall responsibility for managing the quantity surveying team in daily/ weekly/ monthly tasks.
- Proficient in reviewing forms of contract, notably NEC3/ NEC4 and negotiating with clients concerning contract provisions.
- Ensuring contract compliance throughout the entire OCU region, and always taking steps to mitigate OCU's exposure to any commercial risk caused by poorly administered contracts.
- Responsible for all business reporting requirements, to support key business targets.
- Assisting the region and central functions with new contract tenders.
- Ensuring that the process for submitting variations/compensation claims to clients is produced and submitted on time and covers all additional scope works. management tools are updated and monitored by all key personnel for all commercial activities.
- Managing submission of all payment assessments through to prompt cash collection.
- Ensuring a robust subcontractor management process is employed supported by robust governance procedures.
- Promote cost saving and increased productivity through initiatives and value engineering.
- Ensuring sound commercial practice is employed by commercial, and operational, teams on all works and promote business culture.
- Ensuring a fluid line of communication with key client representatives.
- Manage effective dispute resolution with clients and subcontractors as required.
- Supporting Regional Director with monthly reporting.
Skills and Experience -
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence.
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular MS Excel.
- Experience of CEMAR preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Founded in 1994, O'Connor Utilities Limited is a utility contractor in Manchester. To provide utility contract services throughout the UK, also have offices in North Wales, South Wales, Yorkshire, and London.
OCU strive to deliver value for money options correctly the first time in a safe environment, and our team is well-trained and competent.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.