As a SHEQ Advisor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. As part of the position, you will be required to deal with changing priorities and work under pressure,possessing interpersonal skills and liaising with a variety of people, including civils gangs, client representatives, contractors, and senior management.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Working in a rapidly changing environment and negotiate with stake holders who have conflicting priorities.
- Conducting incident investigations with root cause analysis.
- Delivering presentations, coaching and Toolbox Talks.
- Compiling RAMS.
- Producing Toolbox Talks and Safety Alerts.
- Having good time management skills and willingness to travel to various locations.
- Having good written and verbal communication skills and able to influence others.
- Having good IT skills and able to quickly adapt to bespoke reporting systems and client portals.
The experience we are looking for in a candidate:
- NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and/or Environmental Certificate
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely
- Telecoms (FTTP, PIA, Pre-enablement) experience
- General construction environmental awareness
- General Utilities quality awareness (Excavation, Reinstatement, Duct Installation etc.)
- NRSWA Supervisor card
- Qualified to deliver training in manual handling, face-fit and abrasive wheels desirable but not essential
- Incident investigation and report writing
- Compilation of RAM's (Risk Assessments & Method Statements)
- Be IT literate with good presentation skills
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car / Allowance
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Perks at work scheme
- Flexible Working
- 3% enhanced pension contribution
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!