As a Quantity Surveyor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job.
*This is an office-based position due to the role and not working from home.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Being an integral part of the Projects Team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of our projects.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money.
- Operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of Subcontractors.
- Excellent record keeping and finance reporting.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Careful assessment of the levels of commercial risk on projects.
- Supporting dispute resolution process if required.
- Contracting close out strategy.
- Attending project meetings.
- Promoting commercial awareness throughout the project team.
- Monthly preparation of the payment applications across the builds.
- Managing the commercial field and in-house Commercial processes.
- Final sign off on the as-built documentation to ensure in line with commercial measures and actual build.
- Preparation of costs for compensation events.
- Variation tracking and management.
- Analysing company data, rates and prices.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Providing support on procurement strategy.
- Managing the BoQ across the builds and ensure timely ordering through procurement.
- Stock level assessment.
- Managing stock forecasts.
- Managing supply chain communication on order issues and escalations.
- Verifying Subcontractor's payment applications.
- Approving payment applications and certificates.
- Managing the change control process as required by the contract form.
- Producing cost reports, cost forecasts and final accounts.
- Preparation of Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events.
- Supporting in tender preparation and submission.
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations.
- Preparing contract documents for subcontractors.
You will need:
- Education to degree level or equivalent industry recognised Quantity Surveying qualification
- Sufficient experience in Telecoms utilities build management - at least 2 years experience in NEC forms of construction contracts on infrastructure projects.
- Strong working knowledge of CEMAR (Contract Management Tool)
- Strong IT/MS Excel skills
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.