One of our biggest Build Partners OCU is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor for their fibre team based out of our new Wigan depot. Support the Operations & Line Manager with the daily running of all commercial aspects of new and existing contracts and provide commercial support for new and existing contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Valuation of head contracts on a monthly basis.
- Recording of site measures and site liaisons on a weekly basis.
- Costing and submitting compensation events.
- Keeping all commercial registers up to date.
- Preparing and reviewing tender costs as required.
- Tracking of sales per site team on a weekly basis.
- Reporting to head office according to commercial timelines.
- Subcontractor payment review and approval.
- Identifying and notifying client of EWN events.
- Dispute resolution as required.
- Understanding & Proficiency to complete the monthly CVR process.
- Understanding of the accrual process.
- Previous CEMAR administration experience an advantage.
- Previous working knowledge of SAGE an advantage.
- Must be proficient with NEC 3/NEC 4 contracts, all options, and be able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
Skills and Experience -
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and possess excellent numeracy and computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Utility experience is an advantage.
- Experience with CEMAR administration is an advantage.
- It is an advantage if you have prior experience with SAGE.
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel.
Founded in 1994, O'Connor Utilities Limited is a utility contractor in Manchester. To provide utility contract services throughout the UK, also have offices in North Wales, South Wales, Yorkshire, and London.
OCU strive to deliver value for money options correctly the first time in a safe environment, and our team is well-trained and competent.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.