We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners Kier Utilities who are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor based in Gloucester. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers
- Manage commercial assistants when part of the team
- Provide to the Commercial Manager or Senior QS on a periodic basis, internal and external figures (CVRs) for both current and forecast positions in respect of work activities and highlight any significant commercial / contractual positions to the Senior commercial team
- Production of records, sub-contract accounts, contra charges and sundry accounts
- Preparation of external / internal valuations
- Providing training as appropriate
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
- Implement all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role in the Construction/Utilities Industry desirable
- Experience working within a Tier 1 Main Contractor preferred
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, which you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
* Free Life Assurance
* Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
* Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain, please apply now!!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.