Job Title: Quality & Assurance Lead
Location: Wath Upon Dearne & Doncaster
Salary: 20.000,00 - 30.000,00£
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week
Overtime: As required & approved in Advance
With a quarter of a century's experience contracting for Utilities, undertaking Civil Engineering projects and Housebuilding, we work to the highest standards completing projects on time and within budget, working as genuine partners with our clients. We take pride in what we do. The secret of our success has been our total commitment to excellence in everything that we do and offering the expertise to match. We undertake projects of every size and have a highly trained and experienced workforce equally dedicated to maintaining the highest standards.
Overview and Main Responsibilities
We're looking for an agile, competent Quality & Assurance Lead. You'll be responsible for quality assurance of all construction works related to Full Fibre Network deployment within several towns and/or cities across a defined Area. You'll use your expertise to oversee both the civil and fibre construction activities, ensuring work is carried out to specification within Quality guidelines, and driving understanding to help in the production of the required documentation for handover to operations, proactively leading the Quality culture in the Area, championing a continuous improvement mindset and embedding quality approaches across teams.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
* Support and coach the Field Engineers / supervisors / planners, ensuring quality assurance is the key focus and as such related activities are compliant with procedures and requirements
* Provide feedback from local teams on specification issues / areas of potential improvement, supporting on implementation of change where required
* Focus in on challenging sites, towns, or cities to and get involved in the details to turnaround progress or improve quality of the work
* Conduct site audits as appropriate
* Implement processes to confirm that all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project and client requirements
* Embed technical knowledge within the area team ensuring that the team skills span both civils and fibre and support any additional learning and exposure for the team members to feel confident in both
* Ensure technical consistency across the Area and act as key interface into Passive Engineering and other specialist functions
* Land changes to quality / specification requirements with the client and internal teams.
* Liaise with external stakeholders, identify, and deal with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused (including Install RFT)
Key Skills and Experience:
· Full clean driving license valid in UK (essential)
· Degree level or project management experience
· Outside plant telecoms network build experience
· Fibre optics splicing and optical tome-domain reflectometer (OTDR) or insertion loss measurement (ILM) testing experience
· Knowledge of Blown and Traditional Cable installation techniques
· An understanding of method statements and risk assessments
· Working knowledge of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
· An understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA)
· Completion of IOSH Managing Safely course or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
· Strong leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders driving value in partnerships.
· Knowledge of NEC
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.