Fibrelay are looking for an experienced project manager to join their team in Chatham. The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning and executions of all projects under their control. The duties include the planning, execution, and monitoring every aspect of each specific project within their overall programme.
The Project manager will be a key member of Fibrelay's Project Management team, leading the delivery of Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) projects ensuring their delivery to set milestones and within time and budget constraints. This role is the primary reporting function of the project, regularly reporting to senior management on progress, cost, revenue, risks, issues, and mitigation actions, as well as tracking the key delivery performance. Preparation of reports/trackers showing metrics such as weekly progress of completed works and the completion of weekly measure and payment application.
The Project Manager will also manage contract and direct labour whilst regularly being on site to ensure all Health and Safety regulations are being adhered too and that the quality of each installation is to the standard required by Fibrelay and its customers.
- Managing all on site activities being undertaken by Fibrelay contractors and employees engaged in the installation of each project. Ensuring that Best Practice is adhered to and that a safe method of work is in place
- Ensuring that all risks are considered in advance and are either planned out of the level of risk mitigated
- Forecasting, scheduling and management of resources required to complete work packages
- Ensuring the availability of materials by forecasting and procuring in a timely manner to minimise the holding of unnecessary stock levels
- Taking responsibility for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of each project to Senior Management and the customer as required
You will need:
- A level of formal Project Management training and a clear understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Excellent understanding of OSP/Altnet Telecoms network build practices, both underground and overhead
- Experience in financial control and preparation of weekly productivity reports
- Excellent knowledge of fibre optic installation, splicing and testing practices and techniques
- Experienced/qualified in CDM, NRSWA and the production of Method Statements and Risk Assessments
If you are experienced and have the skills or you would like to know more then please apply now!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.