Job Title: Planner/Scheduler/Programme Manager
Location: Wath Upon Dearne & Doncaster
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Overtime: As required & approved in advance
Reporting to: Programme Manager
With a quarter of a century's experience contracting for Utilities, undertaking Civil Engineering projects and Housebuilding, we work to the highest standards completing projects on time and within budget, working as genuine partners with our clients. We take pride in what we do. The secret of our success has been our total commitment to excellence in everything that we do and offering the expertise to match. We undertake projects of every size and have a highly trained and experienced workforce equally dedicated to maintaining the highest standards.
Overview and Main Responsibilities
Working across all cities and making sure that all projects are scheduled and resourced accordingly within the Program.
Responsible for maintaining the program of works, developing the plan, raising permits and ensure work is scheduled to meet the required timescales of each city build.
This shall involve all day-to-day activities required to maintain accurate Program's for each City using Primavera (P6) and/or Microsoft Project across FTTH builds.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
· Maintaining Programme(s) for the city cluster build programming including data entry, updates, maintenance, change events and scope changes. In addition to look at risks and mitigations in Programme in response to threats.
o Implement scheduling controls on the program(s). Ensure that processes, tools and methods are operated consistently
o Ensure all milestones and internal/external dependencies are identified, included within the Program and monitored
o Maintain and update the P6/MSP Program's, advising on forecasted milestones.
o Maintain and update resource profile, advising on resource clashes and shortcomings.
o Raising the relevant permits with the Street works Coordinator to meet the schedule.
o Undertake tracking and maintenance of P6/MSP projects on a daily basis to meet fortnightly Program reissue timetable.
o Ensure quality review activities and associated time have been allocated realistically in the Program
· Ensure reporting is implemented and maintained consistently and effectively.
· Liaising with the client providing the reporting as required.
· Raises issues with respect to risk, mitigation, and scenario planning to the Planning Manager for elevation to support leadership decision making where required.
· Advising Commercial Management on any issues with the Program that may require elevation for Contractual compliance or reporting.
· Working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms of Contract and use of CEMAR for communication and Contract management.
· Good negotiation skills (with customers, suppliers and partners) with solid presentation and report writing skills
Attends management, project team and customer meetings as requested by the leadership team to ensure that schedules and timelines are understood and reflected in the Programme(s).
· Follow Code of Conduct,
· Complete monthly reports as required.
· Be proactive with ideas and suggestions for improvement to processes and procedures.
· Follow defined procedures.
· Manage workload efficiently and prioritisation of works to ensure primary commitments of the Programme(s) are met.
· Ensure timesheets are completed in accordance with processes.
· Identify any issue you have and discuss with your line manager.
· Identify training needs
Key Skills and Experience:
· Experience in administering, managing and updating Project Program using MSP and/or P6.
· Familiarity in NEC contract administration using CEMAR
· Computer literate with experience of MS Office.
· Experience in Telecom infrastructure including the sequencing of Civil and Fibre works.
· If the above is not met then, experience of working in a similar role in a related industry (construction, engineering, utilities) is desirable.
· Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to work on own initiative and to act as an effective team member
· Well-developed skills in organizing and planning and ability to use applicable Planning and Programming tools and applications.
· Proactive with new ideas for efficiencies and improvements
· Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Notes (any other relevant information to be added)
The two Programme tools presently used are Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project (MSP), a successful candidate shall be familiar and experienced with one of these tools and shall be expected to become familiar with the remainder. Training, support and development resources will be provided. This role is to support the Programme Manager who is responsible for all the Programmes covering each city.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.