We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners Kier Utilities who are looking to recruit we have a fantastic opportunity for a Permit Co-ordinator. As a Permit Co-ordinator you will co-ordinate the day-to-day works and activities that occur on the local highway network. This role is a statutory function to try to ensure the safety of the travelling public and to minimise traffic congestion on the county's network of roads.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Ensuring Permits are raised in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act
- Create and build job packs to assist civils, cabling and tree cutting gangs, in relation to main build design and design changes during build.
- To be part of a team responsible for delivering fibre to the premises.
- To play a proactive role within the team, when reviewing permits, and providing support to other team members.
- To make the final decision that all the correct information and checks have been undertaken before raising a street works permit and creating job packs.
- To address any complaints and respond with accurately information within timescale.
- Liaise with internal supervisors when arranging site meetings, with Local Authority and build contractor.
- Be able to make decisions and recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external members, to build relationships and a network of contacts that will deliver the best out come for people.
- Be able to prioritise and time management of workload.
You will need:
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with internal and external people.
- The ability to act as a valuable team player.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Experience and knowledge working with various Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience and knowledge of Permit systems desirable but not essistenal as training would be provided.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret legislation relevant to the New Road Works and Street Works Act, Traffic Management Act and Permit Conditions.(Desirable)
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, which you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private health care, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 day's annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain, please apply now!!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.