Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 p/a DOE
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Per Week
Contract Type: Permanent
As a Permit Co-ordinator working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. As a Permit Co-ordinator you will co-ordinate the day-to-day works and activities that occur on the local highway network. This role is a statutory function to try to ensure the safety of the travelling public and to minimise traffic congestion on the county's network of roads.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Ensuring Permits are raised in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act.
- Create and build job packs to assist civils, cabling and tree cutting gangs, in relation to main build design and design changes during build.
- To be part of a team responsible for delivering fibre to the premises.
- To play a proactive role within the team, when reviewing permits, and providing support to other team members.
- To make the final decision that all the correct information and checks have been undertaken before raising a street works permit and creating job packs.
- To address any complaints and respond with accurately information within timescale.
- Liaise with internal supervisors when arranging site meetings, with Local Authority and build contractor.
- Be able to make decisions and recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external members, to build relationships and a network of contacts that will deliver the best out come for people.
- Be able to prioritise and time management of workload.
You will need:
- Relevant qualification such as a NVQ 2 or equivalent level of knowledge.
- CEMAR knowledge
- Knowledge and ability to interpret legislation relevant to the New Road Works and Street Works Act, Traffic Management Act and Permit Conditions.
- Use own initiative to interpret street works legislation, regulations, and guidance to support colleagues within the team.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with internal and external people.
- The ability to act as a valuable team player.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Experience and knowledge working with various Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience and knowledge of Permit systems.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.