IQA in Newcastle are looking for an overhead engineer. As an overhead engineer you will be reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor, you will be employed to install, connect and test overhead optical fibre cable in the provision of PONs and spine routes on the City Fibre external network.
- Installation and splicing of cables
- Installation of passive equipment
- Fibre handling and testing
- Interpreting site documentation and installing equipment in line with the specification
- Completing relevant handover documentation and site reports
- Fibre Splicing experience (Required)
- iOLM testing & 1 year of open reach is preferred
- Driving License (required)
- PIA Accreditation - SA001, SA002, S7
- A valid NRSWA Street works Operative Licence Unit 2
With this role comes a competitive salary and benefits package. This is an exciting time to join IQA, at a period of growth and diversification. IQA, in conjunction with Elecnor as part of the Telecommunication market in the UK, has been awarded an FTTH contract on behalf of City fibre.