Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Location Gloucester
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary £70000 - £75000 per annum + Company Car or Car allowance
- Discipline Commercial
- Reference BBBH129107_1683044339
Our client is currently looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work on the CityFibre project in the Gloucester area. You will be joining their dynamic and growing company which will elevate your career.
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire (Flexible/Agile Working Option is available with this position)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: Up to £75,000k depending on experience plus benefits
You will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the activities of the contract operation to enable the company to meet its commercial objectives and targets. You will provide the Contract Manager/ Commercial Manager with regular and accurate information relating to the status of all aspects of the contract.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Responsible for maintaining the order book as well as the project pipeline
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers in order to achieve business objectives.
- Ensuring all Commercial Activities are performed in an ethical manner while maintaining a competitive position for the company.
- Ensure Project Forecasting is accurately reported on a monthly basis
- Assessing the risks and opportunities associated with the project and managing them.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
- Managing the team and mentoring the members of the team
- Commercial Reports / Health Check Reports are required each month
- It is expected that all of your behaviours and day to day activities will be underpinned by the company's core values
- Establishment and adherence to a robust commercial plan, workload targets, and deadlines for the commercial team, and maintaining the delivery against these.
- Provide training as needed as part of the training process
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role in the Utilities Industry
- Experience working within a Tier 1 Main Contractor preferred
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company that invests in you, in return for your hard work you will get a competitive salary and a benefits package that you can tailor to suit your need. You will also receive 26 day's annual leave + bank holidays which increases with length of service, a matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution, also provides an employee Share Scheme option (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan), and many more different benefits.
If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that invests in you, please apply now.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.