As a HGV Mechanic Working for a local Build Partner you will be instrumental in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of connecting up to 8 million premises across the UK to fibre - building the fibre future, and be part of something far bigger than just your standard job to maintain, inspect, repair and test, comprising of vehicles and/or plant and equipment to prescribed standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain, inspect, repair the vehicles, trailers and/or plant and equipment.
- Conduct vehicle inspections to the minimum DVSA standard or above, up to and including MOT preparation and presentation to include 4/6 weekly inspections and vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles (PMI)
- Carry out accurate fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Respond to breakdowns as required.
You will need:
- Experience of working with all aspects of HGV and light commercial maintenance and repair.
- Able to carry out work with minimum amount of supervision.
- Effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Good standard of verbal & written communication.
- Full driving Licence
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!