Lanes infrastructure are looking for a fibre supervisor to work with them in Partnership with City Fibre at their Newhaven depot.
At Lanes Infrastructure nothing is more important than the health, safety and welfare of our people. We are one of the UK's fastest growing telecoms infrastructure provider, with a projected turnover in excess of £250 million, over 450 people and a network of branches across the South East. Our current projects include a range of clients all installing fibre-optic infrastructure to support the UK's broadband revolution.
Within the role as a Fibre Supervisor you will be tasked with the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the UK. The role is field based, spending minimal time in your designated depot/office.
- Carry out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Ensure compliance to agreed safety & quality standards including internal policy, methods statements and external guidelines & legislation.
- Ensure build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure compliance to agreed A55/Street Works processes as specified locally.
- Ensure site set up and end of day site closure adheres to the chapter 8 guidelines, adhering to all safety standards and record with photographs.
You will need:
- Experience with Supervising with Fibre Cabling/Fibre Optics.
- Knowledge in the fields of fibre blowing, splicing, aerial cabling, PIA ducting.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- PIA Accreditation.
- Company Van
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off
- Overtime available at times - sometimes including nights but very rare.
Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details!