Back to all jobs
NOVO Technologies are looking for experienced Fibre splicers in Newcastle/Sunderland As a fibre splicer you will be responsible for Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
- Live network Fusion splicing using Fujikura 70s or similar.
- Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with quality standards using OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD/EXFO FTB200 or similar.
- Adherence with Health and Safety legislation, working safely using gate guard and signage as appropriate.
- Document completed fibre distribution points both inside the closure and externally showing position on chamber or on pole.
You will need:
- Have a proven track of record of fibre optic splicing (1 year required)
- Hold a valid NRSWA street works Operative unit 2 card, IPAF MEWP Mobile Boom B3
- Ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings, network design maps.
- Hold or have held Open reach and PIA Certification, including overhead, underground and fibre accreditation modules.
- Must hold OH Qualification
If you believe that you are the right fit, have the skills and expertise to add to the Novo Tech team please apply!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.