Kier is looking for a Fibre Splicer to join the team at Gloucester, you will be responsible for splicing and testing on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Fusion Splicing.
- Live network splicing.
- New Build (Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames).
- EXFO iOLM (intelligent Optical Link Mapper) and OTDR (Optical Time Delay Reflectometer) Testing.
- Producing fibre test reports.
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
- Reading and understanding straight line drawings and fibre allocation sheets.
- Understanding and being able to follow written work instructions.
You will need:
- OTDR Experience, preferable but not essential, to have worked on both iOLM and OTDR with the EXFO platform of testers.
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- Fusion splicing.
- Resilience to overcome challenging situations and a willingness to learn across contracts.
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products.
- A willingness to travel between our contract sites.
- A full Driving Licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company who invest in you, in return for your hard work you will get a competitive salary and a benefit package that you can tailor to suit your need. You will also receive 26 day's annual leave + bank holidays which increases with length of service, a matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution, also Kier provides an employee Share Scheme option (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan) and many more different benefits.
If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company which invest in you, please apply now to Be a part of kier Focused, Trusted, and collaborative work force!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.