We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners as a Fibre Splicer. Oakway Ltd are a family-owned business operating in the Plymouth and Launceston area, offering both skilled and new to industry individuals the chance to join a company who truly value their employees. Not only do they offer competitive salaries with a variety of great company benefits, but they invest and support the development of all their employees meaning they offer careers not just jobs.
Within your role as a Fibre Splicer, you will be responsible for splicing and testing on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Fusion Splicing.
- Live network splicing.
- New Build (Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames).
- EXFO iOLM (intelligent Optical Link Mapper) and OTDR (Optical Time Delay Reflectometer) Testing.
- Producing fibre test reports.
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
- Reading and understanding straight line drawings and fibre allocation sheets.
You will require:
- OTDR Experience, preferable but not essential, to have worked on both iOLM and OTDR with the EXFO platform of testers.
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- Fusion splicing.
- Resilience to overcome challenging situations and a willingness to learn across contracts.
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products.
- A willingness to travel between our contract sites.
- A full Driving Licence.
- Vehicle & Fuel Provided
- 2week business closure at Christmas
- iPhone and iPad/Laptop Provided
- Team social events and activities throughout the year.
- Opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Oakways exciting future.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.