Back to all jobs
As a Fibre Splicer working for Fletcher's fibre , you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. Within your role as a Fibre Splicer, you will be responsible for splicing and testing on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Fusion Splicing.
- Live network splicing.
- New Build (Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames).
- EXFO iOLM (intelligent Optical Link Mapper) and OTDR (Optical Time Delay Reflectometer) Testing.
- Producing fibre test reports.
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
You will need:
- OTDR Experience, preferable but not essential, to have worked on both iOLM and OTDR with the EXFO platform of testers.
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- Fusion splicing.
- Resilience to overcome challenging situations and a willingness to learn across contracts.
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products.
- A willingness to travel between our contract sites.
- A full Driving Licence.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!