We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join Oakway in partnership with CityFibre as a Fibre Project Manager working in the Plymouth and Launceston area. As a Project Manager on our Plymouth FTTP build you will be overseeing the day-to-day operations from a project and financial perspective and focusing on the execution of the project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Your primary role will be to ensure existing projects, are operating within agreed targets, managing sub-contractors, and ensuring the smooth running of all fibre related work on the project.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Manage and lead the fibre work of the project and on a day to day basis and oversee sub-contractors.
- Ensuring the availability of materials by forecasting and procuring in a timely manner to minimise the holding of unnecessary stock levels
- Taking responsibility for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of each project to Senior Management and the customer as required
- Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecast, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP (including risk estimations and forecast cost to complete)
- Setting priorities for the project to achieve the successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as time, cost and quality are being achieved
- Identifying at the earliest opportunity any risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/or overhead cost impacting upon the project
You will need:
- A level of formal Project Management training and a clear understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Excellent understanding of Telecoms network build practices, both underground and overhead
- Experience in financial control and preparation of weekly productivity reports
- Experience of managing contractors and/or direct employees
- Excellent knowledge of fibre optic installation, splicing and testing practices and techniques
- Experienced/qualified in CDM, NRSWA and support in the production of Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- 33 days Annual Leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Team social events through the year
- All equipment provided for your role
Oakway Ltd are a family-owned business operating in the Plymouth and Launceston area, offering both skilled and new to industry individuals the chance to join a company who truly value their employees. Not only do they offer competitive salaries with a variety of great company benefits, but they invest and support the development of all their employees meaning they offer careers not just jobs.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!