Our Build Partners Kier Utilities is looking for a Senior Fibre Operations Manager to join one of our established Build Partners. For the fibre delivery element of the contract, you will be responsible for client contract management, relationship management, and business reporting. The key deliverable of this role is to build the fibre network. We ensure our work plan is converted into deliverable project plans and executed as per HSEQ standards, time goals, and cost requirements.
- Manage and lead the fibre work on a day-to-day basis and oversee subcontractors.
- Conduct site visits and audits to validate designs and coordinate traffic management services with any necessary reactive civil work to ensure that delivery partners maintain their performance.
- Provide a credible view on progress and forecast of targets
- Provide a credible view on under/over resourcing scenarios and skills
- Have the ability to identify risks and work with the city lead to ensure sufficient controls are in place to manage risk
- The ability to manage contractors undertaking fibre and poling work, test rods and ropes and fibre splicing activities
- Responsible for the fibre network design provided by the customer and ensuring the build of this network is to technical specification and early identification of possible risks to delivery
- Applicants with a telecommunications degree would have a major advantage (We can sponsor applicants outside the UK who have a telecommunications degree)
- Extensive Knowledge of building FTTH networks
- Demonstrable knowledge of Fibre installation and testing methodologies and technologies
- Organisation - Working to defined timescales
- IT Experience - Microsoft products including Teams, Outlook, Excel (intermediate) and PowerPoint
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, which you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain, please apply now