As a Fibre Engineer, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK. Within your role as a Fibre Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of the Fibre build including splicing and testing (but not limited to) on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work, overhead and underground networks.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by possessing the following:
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products including fibre prep and splice.
- Working at heights and in the underground network.
- Working to client and company Quality, Safety & Health processes and procedures.
- Building good relationships with a team of third-party fibre engineers in your assigned area.
- Supervising, assessing and auditing the quality and progress of their work to ensure that installations are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Organised, professional, and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel between our contract sites.
- A full Driving Licence.
You will need:
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- Fusion splicing.
- Experience with Blown Fibre Installation.
- Live network splicing and testing.
- New Build (Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames).
- Producing fibre test reports.
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
- Reading and understanding straight line drawings and fibre allocation sheets.
- Understanding and being able to follow written and verbal work instructions.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.