Depot Plant Manager
- Location Gloucester
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum + Company Car or Car allowance
- Discipline Supply Chain
- Reference BBBH127440_1680014850
There is an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Depot Plant Manager to join the Telecoms team at Kier in Gloucester. In this role, you will get to experience a wide variety of exciting major projects, get the opportunity to progress in the company, get support in obtaining further qualifications, and a whole lot more.
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Up to £50k depending on experience and Company Car or Car allowance of £5,300 and includes fantastic which can bee seen below.
You will be responsible for the management of all depot facilities, materials, equipment, fleet, and plant operations as a Depot Plant Manager. As part of your duties, you will be responsible for managing the depot facilities and ensuring compliance with Kier standards, ensuring that materials are planned and managed efficiently, as well as managing the fleet and plant. It is the responsibility of the Line Manager to oversee all Depot and Storepersons as well as the Materials Coordinator.
Located in Gloucester, the role will include daily travel between Bath, Cheltenham, Worcester, and Weston Super Mare depots.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Ensure the design and layout of each depot provide a safe environment, including the provision of walkways, parking, loading, fuel, waste, welfare areas, security provision, and separation of people from the plant.
- Implement excellent stock management processes in each city, ensuring material is purchased, stored, allocated, and issued efficiently. Support the planning of build materials in each city and maintain minimum stock levels required to support the building programme.
- Oversee stock usage, cost, and loss reporting, including the management of a stock take programme and regular stock audits
- Responsible for plant and tools across all cities, ensuring all equipment is accounted for, serviced, maintained, tested, hired and off hired efficiently
- Liaise with Kier Fleet Department to coordinate fleet requirements across all cities, ensuring all fleet is correctly allocated, utilised, serviced, checked and maintained
This role of Depot Plant Manager is great for you if you have:
- Experience in managing depots in construction, highways, rail or utilities
- COSHH awareness training
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH
- New and enhanced family-friendly policies, including eight weeks of paternity leave, 26 weeks of maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Green Car Scheme
- Employee Share Plans
- Professional Subscriptions
- Peppy free healthcare app giving you access to clinicians and experts on fertility, pregnancy and baby, menopause, and men's health
- Additional two days' leave to take part in volunteering activities of your choice
If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that invests in you, please apply now
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.