Back to all jobs
- Location Birmingham
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
- Discipline Commercial
- Reference BBBH129965_1684484958
Commercial Assistant/Junior QS
£25,000 to £30,0000
My client is looking to recruit a Commercial Assistant/Junior QS. you will be working alongside the contract delivery teams, ensuring the efficient management and payment of sub-contractor and accurate reporting of cash management for the contract.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Inputting Subcontractor applications into trackers and spreadsheets.
- Reconciling information against Sub-Contract orders and site measures in order to properly assess the amount due. Certifying this amount in a timely manner and clearly communicating this to the delivery teams/subcontractors as appropriate.
- Proactive management of cashflow to meet divisional targets. Ensuring that cash inflow is maximized, prompt resolution of any delays.
- Assisting with procurement, formalization of VO's, and interim and final account agreement with input from the operations teams.
- Resolve Disputes
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Commercial experience
- Experience within a similar role in the Construction/Utilities Industry is desirable
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- NEC contracts experience
- Experience in Cemar, variation management, monthly payment application management and tracking of build data
- A subscription to Perk box - employee benefit and reward programs.
- A 22-day holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays
- Access to Pension Scheme (Optional)
If you are for a new opportunity with a company a great company, please apply now!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.