Kier are looking for a Commercial Accountant to join our Utilities Finance team. Within this role, you can enjoy hybrid working, a car or car allowance, and the opportunity to work contracts with a turnover of £100m + per annum with growth into new cities
As a key member of the finance team responsible for compliance with accounting standards and accounting policies. You will liaise closely with both the Kier Utilities Finance Team and the wider group.
Your day to day will include:
- Work with the contract management team in preparation of monthly management accounts and in the provision of timely management information to support decision-making and drive contract efficiencies
- Management of local Finance team and 2 Assistant Commercial Accountants to ensure timely and effective processing of transactions of the financial system.
- Support commercial teams by proactive engagement in the management of key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and cost accruals.
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow for the contract
- Work with contract Commercial and Operational management to drive contract performance improvement.
This role of Commercial Accountant is great for you if:
- A valid driving licence is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Computerised Accounting Systems
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong, analytical, creative and proactive thinking.
- A strong personal drive and commitment to delivery of results.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, you will receive 26 day's annual leave + bank holidays, a competitive salary, a matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution, also Kier provides an employee Share Scheme option (Share save and Share Incentive Plan).
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.