As a Civils Team Leader working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. Within your new role as Lead Ganger you will be required to lead a team in performing excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets located within the public highway and customers premises.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Leading a team of three as the Lead Ganger for the rollout of fibre installations.
- Ensuring health and safety is paramount at all times and PPE is appropriate for each task.
- Address and resolve problems and complaints ensuring a proactive approach is maintained to build successful working relationships with all Clients and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring risk assessment is filled in prior to any works commencing on site.
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations, including appropriate use of SLG, PPE and other tools and equipment, as well as maintaining a safe workstation at all times.
- Ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and the daily plant check is completed and the relevant forms filled in, forms to be handed in to the supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents, incidents to management.
- Being flexible with regards to work duties, locations and hours when required.
- Performing any other duties.
You will need:
- Experience of working in the Telecoms or Utilities sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Hold a valid NRSWA ticket.
- Hold a current 180/360 digger ticket.
- Previous FTTP experience.
- Knowledge of manual handling.
- Hold a First Aid certificate or have First Aid Awareness.
- BT or CityFibre experience
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.