As a Civils Supervisor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. You will be responsible for overseeing field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe and compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance. The role will require the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the locality.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carrying out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Collaborating with internal teams, client and local authorities.
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build
- Communicating with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans.
- Completing daily audits, analysing and feeding back results to operational managers including Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager.
- Dealing with members of public in a polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrating strong management with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Ensuring build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required.
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance.
You will have:
- Previous experience working within the Utility industry, preferably with knowledge and experience of Telecommunications
- Full Driving License
- NRSWA Units 1-16 for Excavation/ + Reinstatement + Supervision
- Well organised and Professional
- Self-motivated, and able to motivate others effectively and drive performance
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Experience of working and supervising in the Openreach external network
- First Aid at Work
- CPCS Blue mini digger operator card
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Abrasive Wheels Accreditation
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!