As a Civils Supervisor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Assisting in the management of the physical construction activities as instructed by the Project Manager.
- Supervising a team of groundworkers
- Having input into design buildability
- Ensuring that works are completed in time and to budget
- Carrying out audit reports, to show all physical works being carried out on site, providing feedback to the Project Manager/HSEQ Manager on Health and Safety issues
- Assisting with producing Work Package Plans and Task Briefing sheets
- Ensuring recruited staff/operatives/subcontractors are competent for their assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Operating of Plant (NPORS/CPCS)
- Monitoring work quality, making sure there are no significant quality defects
- Embracing and develop new initiatives
- Promoting the reporting of any accidents, incidents or near misses with fellow employees
- Attending weekly supervisor planning meetings
- Liaising with local authorities
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments in the field of quality and collaboration management.
You will need
- Previous experience of working on Civil Engineering projects
- Valid CSCS card
- NPORS/CPCS accreditation
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Foundations, Concrete works, Drainage, Kerbing, Hard Landscaping
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others effectively
- Good IT skills
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Discount gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
- Company car or car allowance
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.