- Location Plymouth
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary £180 - £200 per day + Company Vehicle
- Reference BBBH30518_1669034923
We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners as a Civil Supervisor . Oakway Ltd are a family-owned business operating in the Plymouth and Launceston area, offering both skilled and new to industry individuals the chance to join a company who truly value their employees. Not only do they offer competitive salaries with a variety of great company benefits, but they invest and support the development of all their employees meaning they offer careers not just jobs.
You will be responsible for overseeing field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe and compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance. The role will require the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the locality.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carrying out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Collaborating with internal teams, client and local authorities.
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build
- Communicating with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans.
- Completing daily audits, analysing, and feeding back results to operational managers including Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager.
- Dealing with members of public in a polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrating strong management with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Ensuring build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required.
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance.
You will have:
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to
- Outstanding organisational
- Ability to work well under
- Having good IT skills, sound knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word, Visio etc.
- Knowledge of Telecoms Network Build would be an advantage.
You will need:
- NRSWA Street works Ticket.
- Vehicle & Fuel Provided
- 2 week business closure at Christmas
- iPhone and iPad/Laptop Provided
- Team social events and activities throughout the year.
- Opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Oakways exciting future.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.