The role of the Civils Supervisor will be to oversee the day-to-day civils operations, ensuring that works are delivered to schedule. Be responsible for day-to-day site management of projects, material and resource planning for the delivery of works, budgetary control and resource supervision to ensure projects are delivered to agreed financial limits and meet Clients' expectations in relation to programme, customer service requirements and quality.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Ensuring a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular quality inspections with sub-contractors.
- Direct and supervise day to day operations of sub-contractors ensuring appliance of common operational procedures.
- Ensure material requisitions are issued in adequate time to achieve the Construction Programme.
- Schedule, control and monitor all plant and materials on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Project management team regarding cost control, waste management, variations and confirmation of instructions.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company's Policy
- Provide daily costs of labour, material, sub-contractors and hours.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are suitably reported, recorded and investigated, and that remedial action is carried out promptly.
- Report any concerns regarding SHE to the SHEQ team and your Manager.
- Control all aspects of traffic management.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001and ISO 14001.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company's Site Waste Minimisation and Management policy.
You will need:
- Previous Supervisory experience gained in similar industry.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse data and recognise trends.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Client focussed.
- Good health and safety knowledge and practices.
- Proven project management skills.
- Sound commercial awareness and sensitivity.
- Good team and worker management skills, being able to drive team and individuals to achieve deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Excellent client management skills.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.