Civils Project Manager
We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join Oakway in partnership with CityFibre as a Civils Project Manager working in the Plymouth area. As a Project Manager on our Plymouth FTTP build you will help meet all project milestones within time and budget constraints.
Location: Launceston Office based
Contract: Permanent, full time
The Project Manager will also manage direct labour and any contractors whilst regularly being on site to ensure all Health and Safety regulations are being adhered too and that the quality of each installation is to the standard required by Oakway Ltd and its clients.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Managing all on-site activities being undertaken by Oakway employees and contractors engaged in the installation of each project. Ensuring that Best Practice is adhered to and that a safe method of work is in place
- Ensuring the availability of materials by forecasting and procuring in a timely manner to minimise the holding of unnecessary stock levels
- Taking responsibility for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of each project to Senior Management and the customer as required
- Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecast, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP (including risk estimations and forecast cost to complete)
- Setting priorities for the project to achieve the successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as time, cost and quality are being achieved
- Identifying at the earliest opportunity any risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/or overhead cost impacting upon the project
You Must Have:
- A level of formal Project Management training and a clear understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Excellent understanding of Telecoms network build practices, both underground and overhead
- Experience in financial control and preparation of weekly productivity reports
- Experience of managing contractors and/or direct employees
- Experienced/qualified in CDM, NRSWA and support in the production of Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 days Annual Leave (Incl Bank Holidays) (2week business closure at Christmas)
- Team social events and activities throughout the year.
- Opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Oakways exciting future.
Oakway Ltd are a family-owned business operating in the Plymouth and Launceston area, offering both skilled and new to industry individuals the chance to join a company who truly value their employees. Not only do they offer competitive salaries with a variety of great company benefits, but they invest and support the development of all it's employees meaning they offer careers not just jobs.
Apply now to be part the Uk biggest 5G rollout!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.