We have an exciting opportunity with CCN Verevo working in partnership with CityFibre on the roll out of 5G across the country. They are seeking a NRSWA Inspector who will be carrying out systematic and ad hoc site inspections, investigations and surveys of street works, road works and highway licences in relation to the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) and all other associated regulations and codes of practice relevant to highways legislation across the Eastern Front.
The NRSWA Inspector will
- Gather and present evidence to support and enforce traffic or health and safety violations. If necessary, assist the network operator in carrying out legal proceedings and/or act as a witness to such evidence in legal proceedings involving activities on or near public roads.
- Assist Senior Technician with highway permits, detours, or other road network issues. Ensure coverage of basic operational functions related to on-road license review and approval for Senior Technicians during the absence.
- Operation of NRSWA hosted street works noticing system (confirm desirable), including interrogation/investigation of street works or highway licence notices.
- Responsible for and leading the program to core, collect, investigate and report results to the Network Manager
- Attend site meetings where advice or information is required that relates to temporary traffic management on the highway.
- Attend public meetings to provide technical information about schemes and represent the highway/water management authority.
- Escalate any emergencies found on the network accordingly.
- Perform separate data and asset audits and analysis to assist in monitoring the contracts and service performance of others or recommend service improvements.
NRSWA supervisor certified with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Street Manager with a working knowledge of traffic regulation orders, and you'll also need a full driving license, as role comes with a commercial vehicle and fuel card.
This is going to be a fast-moving delivery programme but with a strong eye on quality, and this is a new role to further support the expanding build and you'll work closely with the Streetworks and compliance manager.
CCN offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, employee assistance programme, and extensive learning and development opportunities with incredible future prospects.
Please apply if you are looking for a new challenge in a friendly, supportive environment and are interested in learning more about this role and the company!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.