You will support CityFibre's mission to bring full fibre internet to 8 million premises across the UK by organising and planning work activities and ensuring that high performance and quality within the operative responsibilities is always adhered to. The successful candidate will be reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor, you will be employed to complete maintenance digs, clear blockages and pole lead-ins in the highway and foot-way to support the installation of optical fibre on the CityFibre external network.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Ensuring health and safety is paramount at all times and PPE is appropriate for each task.
- Setting up site in full accordance with NRSWA.
- Completing milestone progress reports with supporting photographs.
- Ensuring all tooling is in good condition and calibrated in date where required.
- Completing POWRA (Point of work risk assessments) and maintain visitors log.
- Excavating, backfilling and managing spoil on site.
- Completing cold lay re-instatement in line with Section 72 Standards.
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations, including appropriate use of SLG, PPE and other tools and equipment, as well as maintaining a safe workstation at all times.
- Following all instructions in a safe and timely manner.
- Being flexible with regards to work duties, locations and hours when required.
- Performing any other duties.
Skills & Knowledge
- Complying with our safety policy procedures.
- Quality Focused, knowing the importance of a Right First-Time culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Professional at all times.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Hold a valid NRSWA Level 2 ticket.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.