Back to all jobs
Company: TELEC NETWORKS
Position: CIVIL SUPERVISOR
Job type: Permanent
You will be responsible for overseeing day to day field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe and compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance. The role will require the supervision and development of several teams of excavation and the suitable auditing/reinstatement of installing the new CityFibre network across the Norwich/surrounding areas
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Carrying out daily risk assessments relating to site set-up and ensure respective gang(s) have also completed daily risk assessment.
- Collaborating with internal teams, client, and local authorities.
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build
- Communicating with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans.
- Completing daily audits, analysing, and feeding back results to operational managers including Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager.
- Dealing with members of public in a polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrating strong management with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Ensuring build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required.
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance.
You will have:
- Previous experience of civils, ideally fibre networks including FFTH.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Outstanding organisational skills with a keen eye to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good IT skills, sound knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Use of iAuditor or similar (auditing software) would be advantageous but not essential as full training would be given.
- UK Driving License
- Knowledge of Telecoms Network Build would be an advantage.
You will need:
- Valid NRSWA Qualification (supervisor preferred but operative considered)
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.