As a Civils Supervisor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. You will be responsible for overseeing field activities and resources, ensuring all work sites are safe and compliant to the code of practice whilst maintaining excellent levels of productivity and performance. The role will require the supervision and development of a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs installing the new Gigabit fibre networks across the locality.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Completing daily audits (MWorker - live and retro), analysing and feeding back results to operational managers including, Project Manager, and taking action where required.
- Ensuring works are to the correct specifications including documenting and taking pictures, where required.
- Overall responsibility for the site set-up and ongoing maintenance, with a strong focus on NRSWA compliance
- Demonstrating strong management with our employees and sub-contractors, adopting a firm, but friendly approach to ensure good long-term working relationships.
- Understanding permit/noticing requirements and ensure these are adhered too.
- Working closely with our client's field operations teams.
- Dealing with members of public in a polite and professional manner.
- Reviewing plans and ensure all documentation is available as required (utility stats, clear engineering drawings, etc).
- Timely communication and updates with the Management team, including reporting of any changes or deviations from plans.
- Accurate measures of work undertaken.
- Collating of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build
- Early identification of problematic issues on site, and timely reporting of these.
- Managing and ensuring adherence to the CDM guidelines specific to supervisor responsibilities.
- Promoting Near Miss and Positive Intervention
- Detailed investigations of any utility strikes.
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes and or requirements are reported to the Project Manager.
- Uploading documents to GCU or the client's systems, in line with project requirements.
- Supervise any Traffic Management requirements
- Understand client KPIs and SLAs and mitigate any risk
- Collaborating with internal teams, client and local authorities.
- Safety conscious and compliant.
- Excellent communication
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to
- Outstanding organisational
- Ability to work well under
- Have good IT skills, sound knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word, Visio etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (Code of Practice) would be an advantage but can be taught in the role.
- Knowledge of Telecoms Network Build would be an advantage.
- Street Works or NRSWA valid tickets.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.