Civils Operative (Ganger)
As a Civils Operative working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. You will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets located within the public highway and customers premises.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Excavating in the highways and complying with NRSWA.
- Installing new duct work and chambers.
- Clearing blockages.
- Rod, Rope and Testing.
- Complying with Specification for Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH).
- Communicating with internal and external customers and maintaining a positive, professional image of the Company.
You will need to:
- Hold a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 points on your licence.
- Hold valid NRSWA street works Operative units 1 to 9 including the Openreach Civils accreditation modules.
- Be competent in the use of mechanical Civils equipment.
- Be conversant with risk assessments and hazard identification and have a strong focus on Health and Safety practices.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.