As a CablE Manager working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. The Cable Manager will effectively manage and oversee the cabling function on new telecommunications infrastructure builds. Effectively managing and overseeing the day-to-day operational duties of cabling supervisors and cabling/splicing gangs, ensuring a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time in a safe and compliant manner.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Manage productivity, assign roles, tasks and responsibilities required for the successful completion of the project in accordance with planning, specifications and requirements
- To manage and lead cabling supervisors and teams to ensure they are operating at their highest potential
- Ensure operations are being delivered in a commercially effective manner
- Support in the delivery of the business KPI's and aiming to continuing to improve supplier performance
- To liaise with local authorities and residents as appropriate to ensure compliance with local requirements prior to and during any activity
- To provide technical expertise and support on all aspects of fibre installation, oversee and ensure the reporting of blockages and civils defects, quality checks on cable installation plus production/completion of associated (as-built) documentation within agreed timescales
- To ensure resource capacity matches workload
- Ensure estimates/programmes are delivered on time and to specification
- Liaise with the client's inspectors and planners and ensure that quality of work is as specification and to complete satisfaction of the client.
- To build and maintain a working relationship with senior management within the organisation, the client and local authority
- Ensure all operations comply with the Health & Safety Regulations
You will have:
- Experience across FTTH cabling / blown fibre installations
- A proven track record of managing at a similar level within the Telecoms Industry or other relevant sector
- A proven track record of working at a supervisor level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities
- Completion of NRSWA and PIA training is a requirement.
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!