As a Fibre Engineer, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. The successful candidate will be reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor, you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PONs and spine routes on the CityFibre external network.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Having experience working with Fibre Optics products including fibre prep and splice.
- Completing intrusive surveys ('rodding and roping') on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assessing CBT locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Producing 'Box to Box' & Job Pack Telecom drawings.
- Installing sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Testing and fault location using red light and OTDR - interpret OTDR results.
- Possessing organisational, professional, and proactive skills and approach to work.
- Working alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work.
Skills & Knowledge
- Complying with our safety policy procedures.
- Quality Focused, knowing the importance of a Right First-Time culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Professional at all times.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Hold a valid NRSWA Level 2 ticket.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.