Location: Bury St Edmunds
Salary Range: £45,000 - £55,000
As a Build Manager working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. You will be responsible for management and coordination of planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management including P&L, quality control, safety and overall delivery of their allocated project(s). The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
The build manager will deliver the project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and client needs ensuring delivery is on time, of high quality and in line with commercial expectations.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Coordinate and organise crews for your assigned project.
- Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in line with the agreed budget
- Be responsible for the P&L of the assigned project, assist in generating monthly/weekly financial reports and ensuring the contract is profitable
- Line manage assigned project team, ensuring performance appraisals and support. Be responsible for ensuring crews are working efficiently, safely and aligned to the company values
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all stakeholders with regular monitoring to ensure roles/responsibilities are being fulfilled as expected
- Provide weekly and monthly project reports for directors and clients ensuring they are accurate, provided in a timely manner and presented in a professional format
- Manage the day to day operational client interface to deliver satisfaction of client needs whilst maximising business value. Liaise proactively with clients on progress of jobs.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate stock and material levels with sufficient forward planning.
- Be the point of contact for customer complaints, respond quickly and proactively to resolve the issue as presented, escalating to the operations director as appropriate.
- Carry out surveys and audits in a timely manner to ensure the project delivery is being done safely and to a high standard
- Organise vehicles and ensure vehicle logs and paperwork is completed
- Interact with operational shared services teams to ensure adequate support is provided around noticing, resourcing and admin support.
- Work closely with other project managers to ensure standardise process, best practice and continuous improvement. Take a proactive approach in sharing learning to improve operational processes across the Group
- Take responsibility for overall health and safety on the project, coordinating and completing risk assessments and other documentation where needed.
- Apply the performance management processes consistently across members of staff you are responsible for ensuring performance appraisal set clear expectations of performance and is adequately supported with training and development
- Collect information as required for processing of team member wages, overtime, holiday, sickness and medical information by required deadlines
You will have:
- Project management experience with strong team leadership skills
- Good commercial acumen with an understanding of delivering client satisfaction whilst maximizing business value
- Self-motivated and able to operate autonomously
- Highly methodical and conscientious, meticulous at planning and breaking down a plan into day to day, step by step tasks with clearly identified critical points for delivery
- Numerate and able to deal with spreadsheets, data and used to managing budgets
- Excellent relationship building skills. Able to use knowledge to instil confidence in internal and external parties
- Confident people manager and able to assert authority when required. Good at dealing with a variety of people and personalities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to work with a wide range of systems and experienced with writing and analysing reports
- Delivery focused, resilient to the end
- Lateral thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!
Carbon60 is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Carbon60 is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.