Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Location Gloucester
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum + Company Car or Car allowance
- Discipline Commercial
- Reference BBBH129089_1682692718
My client is looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. In your new role, you will be working alongside the QS/SQS, and the contract delivery teams, ensuring the efficient management and payment of sub-contractor and accurate reporting of cash management for the contract.
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire (Flexible/Agile Working Option is available with this position)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: Up to £40k depending on experience plus benefits
- Inputting Subcontractor applications into trackers and spreadsheets.
- Reconciling information against Sub-Contract orders and site measures in order to properly assess the amount due. Certifying this amount in a timely manner and clearly communicating this to the delivery teams/subcontractors as appropriate.
- Proactive management of cashflow to meet divisional targets. Ensuring that cash inflow is maximized, prompt resolution of any delays.
- Assisting with procurement, formalization of VO's, interim and final account agreement with input from the operations teams.
- Maintaining an up-to-date tracker which measured application submission dates and tracks the process ensuring that the requirement of the legislation, particularly with regard to the issuing of Payment Notices are adhered to.
- Ensuring commercial challenge at all times to site teams and proactively engage with them to reduce costs and increase value.
- Promptly resolving any discrepancies (such as DFE's, rejected measures etc) escalate issues as the need arises in order to ensure potential disputes are minimised.
- Responsibility of validating sensitive commercial information for other team members prior to submission of said information up the reporting chair.
- Assisting with the management of the Approved Vendor List for subcontractors employed.
- Working within a commercial team across defined project offices ensuring commercial processes are followed and best practice shared. Engender a team ethos within the wider business.
- Ensuring that the delivery team are supported and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Ensuring that the group commercial policies are adhered to, that risk to the business is minimised and that the requirements of legislation are met.
You will need:
- Commercial Awareness with proven experience in a similar role.
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Proactive approach to work with the ability to use initiative.
- High level of competence with Microsoft packages (especially Excel).
- Ability to anticipate issues and ensure early intervention.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work towards strict deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company that invests in you, in return for your hard work you will get a competitive salary and a benefits package that you can tailor to suit your need. You will also receive 26 day's annual leave + bank holidays which increases with length of service, a matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution, also provides an employee Share Scheme option (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan), and many more different benefits.
If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that invests in you, please apply now.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.