As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor working for a local Build Partner, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK - building the Fibre future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. In your new role you will be working alongside the QS/SQS and the contract delivery teams, ensuring the efficient management and payment of sub-contractor and accurate reporting of cash management for the contract.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by:
- Inputting Subcontractor applications into trackers and spreadsheets.
- Reconciling information against Sub-Contract orders and site measures in order to properly assess the amount due. Certifying this amount in a timely manner and clearly communicating this to the delivery teams/subcontractors as appropriate.
- Proactive management of cashflow to meet divisional targets. Ensuring that cash inflow is maximized, prompt resolution of any delays.
- Assisting with procurement, formalization of VO's, interim and final account agreement with input from the operations teams.
- Maintaining an up-to-date tracker which measured application submission dates and tracks the process ensuring that the requirement of the legislation, particularly with regard to the issuing of Payment Notices are adhered to.
- Ensuring commercial challenge at all times to site teams and proactively engage with them to reduce costs and increase value.
- Promptly resolving any discrepancies (such as DFE's, rejected measures etc) escalate issues as the need arises in order to ensure potential disputes are minimized.
- Responsibility of validating sensitive commercial information for other team members prior to submission of said information up the reporting chair.
- Assisting with the management of the Approved Vendor List for subcontractors employed.
- Working within a commercial team across defined project offices ensuring commercial processes are followed and best practice shared. Engender a team ethos within the wider business.
- Ensuring that the delivery team are supported and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Ensuring that the group commercial policies are adhered to, that risk to the business is minimized and that the requirements of legislation are met.
You will need:
- Commercial Awareness with proven experience in a similar role.
- Proactive approach to work with the ability to use initiative.
- High level of competence with Microsoft packages (especially Excel).
- Ability to anticipate issues and ensure early intervention.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work towards strict deadlines.
You will get:
- Company Car/Allowance
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Perks at work scheme
- Flexible Working
- 3% enhanced pension contribution
Apply now and help to connect mankind to the digital era!