Assistant Civils Operations Manager
£55,000-£65,000 Per Annum
We are thrilled to offer the opportunity to join one of our established Build Partners Kier Utilities who are looking to recruit we have a fantastic opportunity for aAssistant Civils Operations manager. You will be responsible active management of the Civils Team ensuring the Civils programme activities are delivered within timescales and of a quality standard across 5 different cities.
- Manage the delivery of the contracted work-scopes (Civils) ensuring all company standards are communicated and adhered to
- Ensure delivery partners are maintaining performance against agreed plans, carry out site visits and audits to validate designs and co-ordinate traffic management along with any reactive civils work
- Liaising with the client to ensure testing of Civils works are conducted to required standards and formulating agreed plans to rectify any issues
- Maintain commercial understanding of the client contractual deliverable across all services
- Be responsible and co-operate with the team to ensure work is planned and undertaken in accordance with the Project Safety, Health, and Environmental Plan
- Plan, organise, implement, review, and monitor procedures with respect to Environmental impact and maintain overall responsibility for the implementation of the Project Environmental Plan
- Identify risks and opportunities, both technical and commercial, and take account of these in developing a strategy for successful project delivery
- Manage and monitor the progress of work against realistic programme milestones and advise on measures to mitigate delay as necessary
- Be responsible for contractual matters relating to the Contract and Subcontracts, for raising the necessary correspondence, change management and for record keeping
- Degree level/HNC/HND qualification in a Civil Engineering would be advantage
- Experience within a similar role or a very Strong Civils supervisor
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system)
- A level of formal Project Management training and a clear understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Extensive Knowledge of building FTTH networks - Civils
- Demonstrable knowledge of Civils installation and testing methodologies and technologies, including traditional trenching, Micro trenching,
- Ability to meet targets and consistently delivering projects on time, managing priorities, deadlines, and time critical situations for the business and client.
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing company, which you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private health care, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 day's annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. If you're looking for an exciting new opportunity with a company that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain, please apply now!!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.